Tuesday, November 19, 2013

From U.S.S.R. with mate

When the USSR folded in 1991, the communications organization that I then worked received many delegations from the nascent nations and that we ran courses for them on however market economies operated and the way free talks was conducted. As is my follow once pedagogy to overseas audiences, I had my seeable aids translated into  the vernacular, thus I used overhead slides in Russian, though in fact I spoke in English associated had an interpreter.

I cannot scan the alphabet and understand little Russian, thus I simply worked through my slides so as. However, there came a degree after I may tell from the applied mathematics knowledge on the most recent slide that, for the previous 10 minutes, I had been talking to the incorrect slide. British students would have pointed this go in seconds, however none of the Russians had aforesaid a word.

I was mystified and asked why no one had told Pine Tree State that I had been talking to the incorrect slide. Eventually one brave soul volunteered a solution and also the interpreter translated: "Noone dispute with the  instructor in our country".


No comments:

Post a Comment